- 1 kilo beef, cut into chunks
- 1 big can (350g) liver spread
- 5 onions, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 green peppers, diced
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 4 pieces hot chilli peppers, minced
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups beef stock or water
- 1/4 cup cooking or olive oil
- In a stock pot or sauce pan, sauté: garlic and onions in oil. Then add tomatoes, red & green pepper and chilli peppers.
- Add in the beef, tomato sauce, liver spread and water or beef stock. Let simmer for at least 1 hour or until the beef is tender. Salt to taste.
- Add the cheese and olives (optional) and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Goat’s meat can also be used to make caldereta. Just be sure to marinate the goat’s meat in vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper for at least 15-20 minutes.
- For a very flavorful and delicious kalderetang baka, use beef stock instead of water.
- Add one bottle of San Miguel Beer Pale Pilsen together with the beef and simmer until beef is tender.