- 1 lb boneless round, chuck steak, flat iron, or flank steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive, vegetable, or sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- ½ bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- hot cooked rice or noodles for serving
For the sauce:
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the beef and mix until fully coated. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until it’s no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry garlic, broccoli, onion, bell peppers and mushrooms in the remaining oil, for 3-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- In small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and pour into pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until everything is fully combines and the mixture as simmered.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles. Enjoy!