- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 to 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium bulbs onion, chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 500 grams canned sardines in tomato sauce
- 2 bundles miswa
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan. Add garlic and sauté until medium brown. Add the onion and stir until slightly tender.
- Put fish sauce. Mix until the fish sauce is reduced. Add canned sardines together with the tomato sauce.
- Add one to two cups of water. Simmer for five minutes. Add miswa. Stir to prevent the miswa from clumping together.
- Simmer for three minutes. You may add more water depending on how thick or thin you want the dish to be.