- 3 to 4 pound beef brisket roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package dry onion soup powder
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and soup powder together. Pour over the roast and turn to coat.
- Wrap the roast tightly in several layers of foil. You might want to bake this in a disposable foil pan.
- I ruined one of my pans making this when the foil wrap leaked. Bake at 300F for 5 hours.
- Cool completely, then slice against the grain. Turn the slices in the sauce and re-wrap in foil. Bake at 325F for 1 and a half hours.
- Serve warm as a main course or serve on soft buns with fixings.