- 1 Kilo of Fresh Mustard leaves
- 2-3 cups of rice water
- rock salt or iodized salt
- 1 piece of ginger cut into small strips
- Wash the Mustard leaves thoroughly and ensure there are no insects. Cut the roots and old leaves.
- After washing, dry it to remove excess water and cut into 2 in. strips. Brush the leaves and stem with salt and press it with squeezing motion wherein some of the juices may come out.
- Place the mustasa leaves and stem in a clean and dry jar alternating it with ginger strips so the flavor will be evenly spread.
- Pour the rice water into the jar until totally immersed in water leaving 2 in. of space in the top of the jar without water.
- Cover the jar tightly and store in a cool and dry place for 5-7 days.