- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon (steak cut)
- 2 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 pieces long green chili
- 3 pieces red Thai chili
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Arrange the salmon slices flat in a pan.
- Put-in the red and green chillies, garlic, ginger, onion, ground black pepper, fish sauce and water.
- Turn-on the heat and let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream. Gently stir. cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid reduces to half.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy!