- 2 cups water
- ½ cup lime juice, divided use
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- ½ pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ pound calamari, cut into ¼-inch rings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed, minced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 ½ tablespoons San-J Mongolian Sauce
- Combine water with ¼ cup lime juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the mussels, cover the pan and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the mussels have opened, about 6 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that do not open. Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon and place in a colander set over a large bowl. Reduce heat so that the cooking liquid is simmering, add the shrimp, and cook until they are opaque and curled, 30 – 60 seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the colander with the mussels. Add the calamari rings to the cooking water and cook until they turn opaque, about 1 minute. Remove calamari from the cooking liquid with a slotted spoon and add to the colander.
- Place all the drained seafood in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. In a small bowl stir together the remaining ¼ cup lime juice and the San-J Mongolian Sauce. Add to the seafood and stir gently. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.