- 1/3 lb. ground chuck per burger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices white american cheese per burger
- 2 slices garden fresh tomatoes per burger, if available
- 3 slices hickory smoked bacon or cracked pepper bacon per burger, cooked
- romaine lettuce
- dill pickle chips
- red onion rings
- mayonnaise (…optional honey mustard mayo recipe follows.)
- good quality sesame bakery buns
- Form ground beef into 1/3 lb. patties. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- 2Grill (…or fry) to desired doneness. While burgers are grilling, butter each bun and toast until golden on grill.
- 3Just before burgers are done, top with White American cheese. Place burgers on grilled bottom buns and top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion rings and bacon. Spread top bun generously with mayo. Use sandwich picks to hold together. Have LOTS of napkins ready! =)
4~OPTIONAL HONEY MUSTARD MAYO~
- 1/2 c. Hellman’s mayo or another good quality mayo
- 1/2 c. grainy or whole grain mustard
- 1/4 c. honey
- Mix all together in small bowl. Refrigerate leftovers for pretzels, chicken tenders, etc.