- 200 grams carabao cheese (kesong puti)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- cooking oil for frying
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup watercress (alusiman), trimmed
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- vinaigrette dressing (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup patis or fish sauce
- 1 pieces garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- How to make Carabao Cheese Salad:
- Cut kesong puti into six thin slices. Toast the sesame seeds and grind slightly.
- Mix with bread crumbs, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge each slice of cheese in flour. Dip in beaten egg.
- Then coat in sesame seed and bread crumbs mixture.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Lay the coated cheese slices on the pan. Flip them over when one side is brown.
- Toss the greens with the vinaigrette dressing and arrange in individual plates.
- Top with slices of fried kesong puti.
How to make the vinaigrette dressing:
- Put all the ingredients in a jar and cover with lid and shake.