- ¼ cup Shao Hsing rice wine,
- 1½ tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ¾ pound sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ¼- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 pound bok choy, preferably baby bok choy, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1Whisk rice wine, oyster sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef and crushed red pepper to taste; cook, stirring, until the beef begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and continue to cook, stirring, until the shrimp is opaque and pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the beef, shrimp and any juices to a plate.
- 3Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat in the same pan. Add bok choy and cook, stirring, until it begins to wilt, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Return the beef-shrimp mixture to the pan and cook, stirring, until heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 1 minute.