- 1 can (16oz) whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plum jelly
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 large green pepper (cored, seeded), chopped into 1″ pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast, skinned cut into 1″ pieces
- oil, for frying
- rice, cooked
- 1Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Cut up tomatoes and set aside.
- 2Blend juice, plum jelly, vinegar, sugar, 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, soy sauce, and bouillon granules in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 3For batter, blend all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Heat 2-3 inches oil in large skillet. Cook several pieces of chicken at a time for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Drain on a paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 4Reserve 2 Tablespoons of oil, discard the rest. In same skillet, add green pepper, carrots, and green onions. Stir-fry over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato juice mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, still. Add pineapple, chicken, and tomatoes. Heat through for 1-2 minutes. Serve over hot rice.