- 1 kilo chicken cut-up
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4-5 laurel or bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into bite-sizes
- cooking oil
- Season potatoes with salt. Heat oil in a pan. Fry potatoes until cooked and tender. Drain excess oil and set aside.
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a covered pot large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, about 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice, until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with vinegar and brown sugar. You can adjust the flavor with adding water, soy sauce, vinegar or sugar.