- Chicken (Boneless medium Pcs.) – 500 grams.
- Onion Powder – 1 tsp.
- Garlic Powder – 1 tsp.
- Vinegar – 1 ½ tsp.
- Chicken Tandoori Masala (homemade) – 1 ½ tsp.
- (Find the masala details here)
- Kashmiri red Mirchi powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp.
For Dry Curry:
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
- Dry red chili (whole) – 3 nos.
- Spring Onion (chopped) – ½ cup.
- (Separating white & green portions)
- Kashmiri red Mirchi powder – ½ tsp.
- Onion (thinly sliced)- 4 medium .
- Garlic Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp.
- Lemon (Juice) – 1 no.
- Sugar – 1tsp.
- Coriander chopped – bit for garnishing
- Green Chili (chopped) – 2 or 3 nos.
- Wash chicken pieces and marinade using above mentioned ingredients and keep into refrigerator for at least ½ an hour.
- Take kadai and heat olive oil, add cumin seeds, dry red chili.
- When it started to spluttering add onion slices and fry till it becomes golden brown. Golden brown fried onion adds nice aroma and colour to the curry
- Next add ginger garlic paste, green chili with white portion of the spring onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add marinated chicken pieces, salt and little bit of sugar (1 tsp.) and stir well.
- Put the heat in low flame and cover with the lid. Let the chicken pieces boil for 20 to 30 minutes, it helps to cook pieces well and release its own water and no extra water needed to cook the curry. Stir few times in between.
- When done and the gravy thicken and dried up spread the green portion of the spring onion and fresh lemon juice. Mix it well gently.
- Remove from heat and give it the standing time can garnish with coriander and lemon.
- Perfect with any Indian bread or simply with Chapatti even can also try with gira rice
Source: Ume’s Kitchen