- 1 whole chicken, cut into portions
- 3 tsps. of lime juice or juice of 2-3 calamansi
- 2 tbsps. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. of fish sauce
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- cooking oil for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for the cooking oil, and use to season the chicken with. Leave to marinade for at least an hour.
- Transfer to a pan, bring to a boil then simmer very gently for 10 minutes. There will be enough juices in this marinade to pre-cook the chicken.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a lined baking tray. Bake at 350° F/ 180° C for 30-40 minutes, basting with the pan juices from time to time. Turn the chicken pieces when one side is browned. When done brush with honey for a sweet finish.
- If you want to fry the chicken, drain the chicken in a colander after marinating for an hour, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat up some cooking oil to shallow fry the chicken. Fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until medium brown and cooked (about 15 minutes). Serve with banana ketchup.