- 500-grams whole mung beans
- 1/4 kilo extra salty and extra smoky pork bacon, chopped
- 1-whole onion, chopped
- 1-head of garlic, minced
- 1-tomato, chopped
- 2-tablespoons fish sauce
- Soak mung beans in a separate with water for at least 3-hours.
- Heat up pot and throw in bacon to sweat out the fat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 3-minutes.
- Add soaked mung beans and water to the pot. Cover the pot to help seal in the heat and soften the mung beans.
- Add the fish sauce and mix.
- Cook with low heat for 1-hour until beans are nice and soft. Stir every 15-minutes and make sure to crush the beans. Note that crushing the beans is a very important step.
- Serve hot in a bowl and eat together with plain white jasmine rice.