- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs (I recommend Kikkoman brand)
- 2 eggs, whisked
for the sauce:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp light sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Pour whisked eggs in a small bowl. Pour panko bread crumbs in another bowl. Coat chicken in egg and then in bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Bake chicken for about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked and bread crumbs turn golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, make the sauce. In a small sauce pot on stove, add all ingredients except cornstarch and water. Bring to a low boil and stir with a large wooden spoon. Once sauce boils, completely dissolve cornstarch in water and then add to sauce. Let sauce cook until it thickens. Coat finished chicken in sauce. Garnish with parsley or green scallions if desired.