- 400g ground chuck steak
- 100g ground pork belly
- 4 large Napa cabbage leaves
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt & pepper
- Dumpling wrappers
For dipping sauce
- 1-part light soy sauce
- 2-parts Chinese black vinegar
- Fresh ginger, julienned
- Fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- Few drops of chilli or sesame oil
- Blanch cabbage leaves and cut into thin strips crosswise. Use hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine meat, cabbage, spring onions, ginger and soy sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Mix well, adding a little egg to help ingredients bind.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of filling in centre of each dumpling wrapper. Fold and use egg wash to seal the dumpling.
- Cook dumplings by steaming for 8mins, boiling in hot water until the dumplings float, or frying.
- To fry dumplings, heat a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in fry pan, add dumplings and cook for 5mins until base is crispy and golden. Then add half cup water, cover with lid, and steam for another 5mins.
- Mix together ingredients for dipping sauce and serve with dumplings.