- 1 pound pork liempo (pork belly)
- 1 cup water (for boiling pork)
- 1/4 cup shrimp bagoong
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 small onion; chopped
- 1 medium tomato; sliced in 8
- 1 teaspoon Philippine bird’s eye pepper (siling labuyo)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 eggplant; cut in slices (optional)
- 8 pieces small okra, cut in half (optional)
- Boil pork in a pan until tender and until the all water has evaporated and meat starts to cook on its own fat. Cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato in a pan over medium heat. Add pork and shrimp bagoong. Stir fry for few minutes until pork starts to render fat and edges turn to brown.
- Add vinegar and chili peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with sugar and drop the eggplant and okra. Continue cooking in low fire until the vegetables are done.
- Serve hot over steamed rice.