- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lb. bone-in short ribs
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 bunch fresh sage leaves (about 6 leaves)
- 2 bay leaves
- 16 oz box Potato Gnocchi (Delallo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season beef short ribs with salt and pepper. Coat the bottom of the Dutch oven with olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the short ribs and brown them on all sides. Remove the ribs onto a paper-towel lined plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat out of the pot.
- In a food processor, pulse the celery, carrots, and onion until it is a rough chop. Add the veggies to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Next, add the red wine and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Return the beef short ribs to the pot along with bay leaves and the sage. Cover and bake in the oven for 3 hours. Midway through cooking, turn the beef ribs and add more broth, if needed.
- Remove the beef short ribs after 3 hours. Discard the bay leaves and sage, then shred the meat and skim the grease off the top of the liquid. Return the meat to the sauce and serve with gnocchi (prepared according to package directions) and Parmesan cheese, if desired.