- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 c.- 1.5 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. diced ham (boiled chicken breasts and/or ham is also commonly used)
- 1 celery stalk, diced if you want crunch and minced if you don’t
- 2 tbsps. finely minced red onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 15 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 c. sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/2-3/4 c. diced cheddar cheese (Shredded is fine)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add onion, celery, green pepper, carrots, peppers and macaroni. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.