- 1 (2.8-ounce) can French fried onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 steaks (boneless rib eye, strip, or sirloin), about 1/4 to 1/2 pound each, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a blender, food processor or by hand, crush the French fried onions to make crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together the onion crumbs, salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Brush steaks with the oil, dip them in crumb mixture, and place on grill.
- Cook steaks over high heat to desired degree of doneness, or about 5 minutes per side for medium.