- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 kg of chuck or skirt steak cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 carrots
- 2 brown onions
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 600g of potatoes
- 500 of pumpkin
- 2 x 400g tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of frozen baby peas
- Cut the potatoes and pumpkin into approximately 4cm chunks and thickly cut the carrots until they are approximately 2cm thick. Set aside until needed.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium/high heat in a large frying pan and add the crushed garlic, curry powder, brown onion (which has been cut into quarters) and the beef pieces and cook until the meat in batches until it is just starting to brown.
- Transfer the contents of the frying pan to your slow cooker and add the chopped potatoes, carrots and pumpkin pieces along with the two tins of crushed tomatoes and beef stock. Cook on the low setting for 7 hours.
- After approximately 7 hours cooking time, add the frozen peas and stir through. Cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes or until the peas are cooked.
- Serve this slow cooker Curried Beef and Vegetables with rice or pasta.