- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 lbs. beef chuck, cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth or water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large potatos, cubed
- 1 cup of carrots, cubed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cubed
- salt to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a heavy pot. Add and saute garlic and onion. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add soy sauce, bay leaves and broth. Simmer on low to medium for 45 to 60 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce and brown sugar. Stir. Add potatoes and carrots and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- A dd bell peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes. Place in a serving plate and serve hot with rice.