- 2 lbs chicken breasts with skin & bone
- 2 cups onion, peeled, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, diced small
- 12 cups water
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. salt Coupons
- 2 chicken bouillon cube
- 8 oz. pkg. egg noodles
- In a large pot add vegetables, chicken, water and seasoning. Stir together. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until chicken falls apart and looks like it’s splitting. Skim any fat off the top (Normally with chicken breasts you won’t have fat on top).
- Take the chicken out of the pot and place to the side until cool enough to handle (It is really hot). Shred the chicken (discard skin and bones). Place shredded chicken back into the pot. Give a good stir and taste. This is the point where you need to decide if you should add a little more pepper or bouillon cubes ( I used 1 bouillon). Simmer for another hour.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, cook egg noodles according to package. Once cooked, add a little bit of olive oil to prevent them from sticking.
- Place some noodles in your serving bowl and top with soup.