- 4 pork chops, at least an inch thick
- 1 cup Kingsford® Brown Sugar Applewood BBQ Sauce, plus additional for serving
For the Brine
- 4 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine apple cider, kosher salt, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until salt and brown sugar are completely dissolved. Remove the brine mixture from the heat and add 2 cups of ice. Allow the mixture to cool completely, and place in a large re-sealable bag along with the pork chops. Seal the bag while removing as much air as possible, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct cooking using Kingsford® Charcoal and preheat the grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the grill heats, remove pork chops from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Place the pork chops on the grill and cook approximately 5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. During the last minute of grilling, baste each side of the pork chops with Kingsford® Brown Sugar Applewood BBQ Sauce.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with additional BBQ sauce.