- 1 14 ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup shallots
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 inch section of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 pounds bonelesss pork loin roast, trimmed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water
- Stir together the first seven ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Season the pork roast all over with salt and pepper and place it in the slow cooker. Spoon some of the sauce over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is fork-tender. Add the apples during the last hour of cooking.
- Place the pork on a carving board, tent it with foil, and let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing. While the pork rests, stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the pork slices with a spoonful of sauce and apples on top. Offer the remaining sauce on the side.