- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup tomato or banana ketchup
- 1 thumb size ginger, julienne
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for sauteing
- 1 piece Bell Pepper cut into stips
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 piece carrot julienne
- Big Tilapia, Lapu-lapu, Maya-maya, tuna, Fish fillet of any kind
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- In a deep pan, sauté ginger in a low fire. Once you smell the aroma, add the vinegar and water. Let it simmer for at least a minute.
- Add sugar and ketchup. Stir until the sugar are dissolved. In a bowl, make slurry by mixing 2 table spoon flour and 2 tablespoon water.
- Pour and mix the slurry in the pan to thicken the sauce The sauce is now ready for use.
- Clean it thoroughly: remove innards, gills, fins and scales. Heat up enough oil (oil amount depends how big is the fish) in deep frying pan and slowly drop the fish.
- Cook until the its color turns brown.
- Arrange fish on a plate and garnish with onions, bell pepper and carrots.
- Pour the sweet and sour sauce over it. Serve and enjoy.