- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into coins ½-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled if desired)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley and/or chives, for serving
- Put the ghee in the Instant Pot and push “Sauté”. When the pot says “Hot”, add the sausage and brown it for 2-3 minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a plate.
- Add the pepper, celery, onion, and Cajun seasoning to the pot and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until very fragrant. Push “Keep Warm/Cancel”. Add the browned sausage, tomatoes, chicken stock, and bay leaves to the Instant Pot and stir. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure it’s set to “Sealing”. Push “Manual” and decrease the time to 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will automatically begin cooking and will come to high pressure before beginning to count down from 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, push “Keep Warm/Cancel”. Carefully move the valve to “Venting” to release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and push “Sauté”. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp are just opaque throughout. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve hot topped with parsley or chives, alongside rice or cauliflower rice if desired.