- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12 oz firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- 4 Thai chilies, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced, about 1/3 cup
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat large skillet or wok over high heat. Add peanut oil. Once oil is hot, add garlic and chilies. Cook for 30-40 seconds until garlic is fragrant. Add cubed tofu and cook until warm, about 2 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and whole basil leaves. Toss to combine. In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Add sauce mixture to skillet. Toss combine. Continue to cook until onions are translucent and basil has wilted. Remove from heat and garnish with sliced green onions. Serve with Jasmine rice.