- 1 kilo chicken cut into serving size
- 1 cup vinegar (coconut, cane or cider)
- 1½ lemon (or 15 kalamnsi) juice (approx.half cup)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 gloves garlic
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- ½ Tbsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Annato/Achuete oil
- 5 Tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon or kalamansi juice
- Dissolve sugar and salt in vinegar. Combine vinegar and all other ingredients for the marinade in a blender and pulse for 2-3 minutes until all are cut into tiny pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in a ziplock or any food-grade plastic. Pour in the marinade into the plastic with the chicken and seal. Refrigerate for at least an hour but overnight will be better.
- Take out from fridge when ready to cook.
- Prepare the basting sauce by simple combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Grill the chicken pieces for about 20 minutes or until well done while basting both sides with the annatto oil.