- 1 piece of chilled tofu
- 1 thumb sized ginger – pounded to a paste
- 4 shallots – pounded to a paste
- 1 tsp of table salt
- ½ tbsp of light soysauce
- some chopped spring onion * optional
- ( mixed the above ingredients together into a paste
- and leave aside)
- 3 tablespoon of oil
- Steamed the tofu for a while and chilled in the fridge till required.
- Pound the ginger and shallots into a paste ( fine / coarse – depends on individual taste ) Mixed in 1 tsp of salt , light soysauce and some chopped spring onion ( this is optional) . Leave aside .
- Meanwhile,heat up the oil in a wok and poured over the ginger-shallots mixture, It will sizzles and cooked the ginger-shallots .
- Take out the chilled tofu (you can slice the tofu into slices or as a whole block ), add in the sizzled ginger-shallots topping on the tofu top .