- 4 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet (provided with meat)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 cups water
- 6 ounces beer
- ½ head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Season the corned beef with salt and pepper. Place in a large pan on the stove and brown on both sides.
- Pile the potatoes, onion and carrots (in that order) in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour in water and place browned brisket on top of vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle spice packet over top of brisket. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours.
- An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage, submerging it in the liquid and letting it cook for the remaining hour.