- ¼ cup cooking oil, divide
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 2 pieces longganisa macao, sliced diagonally in ¼” strips
- 3 cups sliced patola
- 2 tablespoons chopped wansuy, or 1 tablespoon chopped kinchay
- 1 cup flaked cooked crab meat
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil. Saute garlic, onion and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Stir in sliced longanisa macao and cook for 5 minutes, spooning off any excess fat. Add patola and wansuy; stir cook 5 minutes or until patola is tender but not mushy.
- Add the crab meat and cook 5 minutes more. Drain excess liquid and reserve to make sauce.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, salt. And pepper until foamy. Heat a 10 inch skillet and pour in some of the ramaining oil. Add 1/3 of the beaten eggs to the skillet. Tilt skillet to spread egg evenly and cook until firm but sitll moist. Add about 1 cup of crab patola mixture to one side of the omelet and fold it over. Transfer to serving platter. Repeat procedure with the rest of the beaten eggs and crab patola mixture.
- In a small pan, cook reserved sauce with cornstarch to thicken pour over cooke omelets. Ends