- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Whole Apples Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a rectangular baking tray and set aside.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar at high speed in a large bowl. Lower speed to medium, add the egg, and beat until incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture until fully incorporated. The dough will be very soft.
- Push the dough into the pan with floured fingers to form an even crust. Arrange the pear halves, top to bottom, cut-side down. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and the remaining sugar. Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes; let cool.
- Heat the Orange Marmalade and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mixing until combined. Remove from heat and brush gently over the entire tart. Serve and enjoy!