- 500 g Pork belly, cut into 2 inch long and about ¾ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- a dash of ground pepper
- Place the pork belly slices in a pot or deep pan.
- Mix all the rest of ingredients in a bowl until well blended and salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour the liquid mixture to the pork belly and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, lower down the heat to medium-low and cover with lid then let it simmer for 40-50 minutes or so or until the meat and fat quite literally melts in your mouth. By then, the liquids would have been reduced to a thick sauce.
- Serve while hot with steamed rice.