- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups coconut flakes
Orange Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 c marmalade
- 1/4 c Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine cornstarch, salt, cayenne and black pepper on a plate. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until foamy. Spread coconut flakes on a separate plate.
- One at a time, dredge shrimp in the cornstarch mixture, dip in egg whites shaking off excess, and roll in the coconut being sure to press flakes into the shrimp so they are well-covered. Place shrimp on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, flipping once, until shrimp are cooked through and coconut is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve shrimp with dipping sauce on the side.