- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 whole chicken, cut up (2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks)
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter ove medium low heat. Stir in ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, pepper, and hot sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring often, for about 15 minutes, or until reduced to 2/3 cup in a small bowl, reserve half of barbecue sauce to serve with chicken.
- Spray grill rack spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium high heat (350 degree to 400 degree)
- Grill chickne, skin side down, covered with grill lid, turning occasionally and basting with remaining barbecue sauce, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registrs 165 degree let stand for 10 minutes. Brush with desired amount of reserved sauce before serving. End.