Aloo paneer cutlet is a delicious savory snack for breakfast. This delicious cutlet can be prepared in Appam in very less oil.
Aloo Paneer cutlet/tikki is a famous street food of India. Aloo Tikki cutlets/tikkis are made of potatoes and Indian cottage cheese (paneer) with aromatic Indian spices. Spicy Aloo tikki is crisp from outside and soft from inside. It tastes wonderful when served with Mint-Pudina chutney and Tamarind Chutney. It is quick, easy and simple recipe which can be prepared in jiffy.
Aloo Paneer cutlet are spiced dumplings which can be prepared using Indian cottage cheese(Paneer) and Potatoes. You can make yummy breakfast out of it. It is quick, filling and easy snack. They are crispy from outside and soft from inside. You can also check out the recipe of less oil Masala cutlets which are made from leftover rice and vegetable.
Appam is a south Indian tiffin snack and there is a special mould which is called Appam mould for making it. The best part about this mould it that you can make fritters, cutlets, koftas or tikki in this with very less oil. You can also make it with no oil. So you can have some nice food which is healthy and delicious.
You get two options of Appam Moulds. One is non-stick and another one is metal one. I prefer the non-stick ones because in that batter will not stick. It comes with a lid and a wooden stick. You can put stick in it which has a pointy edge like a tooth pic and can turn it. You have to turn it and put it back so that it can be cooked from both the sides.
For more tikki and cutlets recipes, you can check out : Leftover Kala chana and rice cutlets, Leftover moong dal cutlets, Oats Tikki, Vegetable corn Tikki, Sprouts Tikki stuffed with potato , Aloo Tikki chole Chaat, Sabudana vada, Hara Bhara Kabab, Leftover Dal Makhani and Rice Cutlets, Falafel, Sabudana Tikki chaat, Kuttu Ka Pakora, Sweet Potato Oats Tikki, Hara Bhara Kabab sticks, Peas corn Tikki
Recipe Type : Breakfast
Cuisine : Indian
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total Time||Yield|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes||Serves 4|
Ingredients for Aloo tikki cutlets:
- 1 bowl grated paneer/Indian cottage cheese
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 2 whole wheat bread
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped green chilly
- pinch of grated ginger
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- Salt according to taste
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil / refine oil
- pinch of red chilly
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Take a bowl and add grated cottage cheese, onion, green chilly and mashed potatoes
- Then crumble bread and add broken crumbled bread in the mixture
- Add salt, chaat masala, red chilly powder, garam masala and pepper in it
- Mix it well, mash it and form a dough
- Divide it into 8 portions
- Make round balls like cutlets
- Take a appam mould and sprinkle few drops of oil in it
- When oil is heated, add cutlet balls in the maker
- Cook on medium flame for few seconds and turn the flame on low
- Turn it with the pointy stick which you will receive with appam (skewer) by putting it in the cutlet, flip it or flip it with the help of the spoon
- Turn once or twice for uniform cooking
- When they turn golden brown from both the sides, they are done
- Serve hot with Mint-Pudina chutney and Tamarind Chutney.