- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large fresh cod filets
for the rice noodles:
- ¼ pound cooked rice noodles (or your favorite Asian noodle)
- ½ orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- mint and cilantro, to taste
- Mix the butter and curry paste until uniform.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and coat each small filet with about 1 teaspoon of curry butter (reserve the rest).
- Preheat the pan to medium high heat and place fish to sear, turning at about 4 minutes (depending on size of filets).
- Remove fish once cooked, add the rest of the butter, noodles, vegetables, and vinegar. Saute until heated through but vegetables still a bit crunchy.
- Serve noodles topped with fish and fresh herbs.