- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4-1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper ,depending on how spicy you like it. I used 1 full teaspoon.
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
For the Beef
- 3-4 pound Beef chuck ,mine was about 4 pounds, I cut it into 4 pieces before searing.
- 5 Cloves Garlic ,minced
- 1 Large Yellow onion ,chopped
- 3/4 Cup Orange juice
- Juice from one lime
- 1 ,14 ounce can Diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- In a small bowl combine all spice seasoning ingredients and mix well. Coat all of your pieces of beef with seasoning. I used a couple tablespoons. Save the remaining spice to add to sauce.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or large deep pot with a cover on high heat. Add meat and sear on all sides. (You may need to do it in batches.) Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add more oil if needed. Sautee onions and garlic until tender, about 3 -5 minutes.
- Add orange juice and lime juice, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add tomatoes, beef broth and remaining seasoning and stir together.
- Place beef back into pot. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Remove lid and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Cook time may vary. Once beef is tender and begins to pull apart easily remove to a plate and shred with a fork.
- You can either boil the remaining liquid to reduce or use and emulsion blender to chop up everything remaining in the juices to thicken it. We reduced ours by boiling for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour sauce over your shredded beef and served.