- 1/2 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Lb Italian Pork Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 16 ounces Spaghetti Noodles – break in half and cook according to package instructions
- 24-36 ounces Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce*
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella – divided
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. (pour milk over the bread crumbs) Mix by hand until just combined, do not over mix. Form into 10-12 golf ball sized meatballs.
- Working in two batches, fry in large pan over medium heat. Continually rotate meatballs until all sides are dark brown. Transfer to tray.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Spread half pasta sauce into 9×13 baking dish. Top with half the spaghetti noodles.
- Nestle meatballs into pasta then top with 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup parmesan.
- Distribute the remaining spaghetti noodles then evenly spread the remaining sauce.
- Top it all with 2 cups mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. (broil 1 minute for browned top – optional)
- Serve immediately.