- 1 medium size tambakol (8-10 slices, including the head), about less 1kg
- 1 medium size ginger, sliced
- 2 shallots or onions, sliced
- 2 crushed garlic
- 1 siling panigang (finger chili) whole
- 2 cups of coconut cream (first extraction)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (second extraction)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 5 pcs mustasa (mustard leaves), optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the tambakol thoroughly in running water. Remove the innards like the intestines and gills. Season the fish with salt.
- Layer the tambakol in a casserole. Put in the vinegar, ginger, shallots or onions, garlic, siling panigang (finger chili) and coconut milk. Cook on medium to high heat, covered.
- Bring to a boil, about 10 minutes. Pour the coconut cream, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Lay the mustard leaves and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve, share, and enjoy.