- 2 medium carrots, peeled, and 2-in diced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled, and 2-in diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, and 2-in diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and 2-in diced
- 1 medium onion, 2-in diced
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24) oz jar pasta sauce
- Minced fresh basil for topping
- Arrange parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, and onion around edges of a greased 5-qt slow cooker. Season chuck roast on both sides with salt and pepper. Nestle in the middle of slow cooker around the vegetables and sprinkle minced garlic on top.
- Pour pasta sauce over roast. Cover and let cook on low 7-8 hours until vegetables are tender and beef easily shreds with a fork. Sprinkle minced basil on top and serve pot roast warm. Enjoy!