Turkish Pide with Ground Beef always makes a perfect meal! Pide is one of the tasty fast foods in Turkish cuisine. It has lots of varieties and although it’s hard to choose one to put on top of favorite list, Pide with Beef leaves the others behind for us. Not because it tastes better than the rest, but because we love chopped beef more!
Turkish Pide with Ground Beef always makes a hit! Serve it with ayran!
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp extra olive oil to brush pides
3 tbsp olive oil
250g ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
A pinch of cumin
A handful of parsley, chopped
- Mix flour, instant yeast, sugar and salt.
- Pour olive oil and add water little by little.
- Use your hand to combine them well until you have a soft dough.
- Cover it and wait to rise for an hour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add ground beef and onion, cover it so that it releases its water.
- When it starts to absorb its water, add peppers and spices, stir.
- Cook it for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let it cool.Add chopped parsley when it cools.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Dust a little flour on the counter or on a wooden board.
- Make a log from dough and cut it into 16-18 eaqual balls.
- Dust the counter again and roll one of the balls out thin giving it an oval shape.
- Place baking paper in an oven tray and put this oval shaped thin dough on it.
- Put some filling in it and stick the edges of pide.
- Repeat the same steps until you finish all balls.
- Brush each pide with olive oil and bake them at 180C until golden, for about 20 minutes.
Note: Do not put the filling on the counter as it might be difficult to transfer it to the oven tray as it’s a thin dough.
Source: Give Recipe