- Coconut Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp Bacardi
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150g moist coconut flakes, 1 tbsp kept aside for topping.
- 75g melted butter
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Whisk together the eggs, milk and Bacardi. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and coconut and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the egg mixture.
- Add melted butter and stir through, don’t overmix. Fold through the mashed banana gently and then spoon into a well lined loaf tin.
- Sprinkle the reserved coconut over the top. Bake for about 1 hour and you may need to cover the loaf loosely with foil after about 20 minutes to stop the coconut browning too much.