- 1 kg fish (Maya-Maya)
- 3 tbs olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ginger (about 1/2 inch cube), finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbs light soy souce
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs corn flour
- salt & pepper
- Season fish with salt and pepper and shallow fry in olive oil. Do not overcook the fish to crisp, but just enough to cook the meat, you would like the fish to absorb the flavors and not to stand out from your sauce. Put in a serving platter and set aside.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Using the same pan saute the garlic, ginger and lemongrass until you can very well smell the aroma. Do not toast.
- Add the ginger paste, chili paste. Cook for 2 minutes then add the soy sauce and half of the water. Stir to blend. Let it boil then lower the heat to simmer.
- Dissolve the corn flour and sugar in the remaining water and pour over the simmering sauce. Stir to ensure that the sauce do not stick in the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes then Turn off the heat.
- Pour over the fried fish and serve. Enjoy!