- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 Tbs rock salt
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 lemon or lime, halved (optional garnish)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Rub over chicken thighs and marinate in the fridge for 1 to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken on the barbecue on medium-high heat until chicken is tender and the juices run clear when gently pressed. OR Oven instructions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay chicken in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes (until chicken is tender and the juices run clear when gently pressed).
- Optional: Squeeze a bit of lemon or lime over the cooked chicken thighs for an added burst of flavour.