- 2 unflavored gelatin bars, cut to pieces
- 1.5 liters coconut milk (kakang gata)
- 8 tablespoons table sugar
- 1 cup dried raisins
- Mix gelatin and coconut milk in a pot. Boil while stirring for 30 minutes or until most of the gelatin is dissolved. Add sugar. Simmer while stirring for five more minutes.
- Layer the mould with dried raisins. You may use any dried or fresh fruit except pineapple and other fruits that contain proteases. Pour the hot gelatin mixture into the mould by passing it through a strainer. Cool the mixture to room temperature. Two distinct gelatin layers will form if the cooling process is very gradual.