- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 – 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice + 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed into 4 pieces
- 3/4 – 1 pound green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces*
- CHICKEN: Add the flour, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a shallow dish and whisk. Add each piece of chicken to the flour mixture and coat on both sides, dust off any excess flour. Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Add the chicken to the skillet and let cook for 3-6 minutes per side depending on the thickeness. Prepare the sauce while the chicken cooks. Remove chicken to a plate when cooked through.
- SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice, honey, and smashed garlic over medium heat. Let the sauce come to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 1 minute. Fish out the clove of garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, remove the pan from heat and swirl, so the butter starts to melt. Place back on the heat for a few seconds, remove and continue to swirl until the butter completely melts. Repeat this process with the remaining 3 pieces. When the butter is completely melted, remove sauce from heat season with cayenne and adjust salt to taste.
- ASSEMBLE: Add a small drizzle of oil to the pan you cooked the chicken in if it needs it. Add the lemon slices and push them around the pan with tongs to pick up all the bits left behind by the chicken. Add the green beans and sauté them for 3-5 minutes or until done to preference. Season with salt, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. Pile the chicken onto the skillet if you’d like or divide into personal servings. You can drizzle the sauce over the entire dish or serve it on the side. Personally, we like it on the side (drizzled over rice) so the chicken keeps that nice sear!