- 3 – 4 lbs goat meat, cut into 2 inch pieces (beef brisket may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1.2 cup olive oil
- 3 pcs medium onion, sliced
- 1 pc red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 slice goat liver (about 5 inches square and 1/2 inch thick) or be substituted with 1 pc chicken liver or beef liver
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp sugar
- hot sauce to taste
- Marinate meat with vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper.
- when ready, fry potatoes in olive oil, set aside.
- Fry meat until brown in both sides. Add water, onions and simmer until tender. Add olive oil and bay leaf, white pepper, red pepper and garlic. Then add tomato sauce and more water. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, brown the liver and then pound to a paste. Add water and then add to the meat.
- Season with sugar and hot sauce, then add the olives and the green peas just before removing from heat.